NADW 2020. Take a Sip.
Say it out loud: Vagina.
This isn’t a moment — It’s a manifesto.
The vagina has been understudied, underreported, and misunderstood since the field of medicine deemed it important to separate broken hearts from lady parts and put a name to an anomaly in the 1680s. But we don’t need to belittle, endear, or euphemize the vagina in order to make it more palatable for the public. When you shroud a word in mystery, the anxiety around the unknown only exacerbates. We give power to what we can’t perceive, but that ends today. #NotaDirtyWord is a call to action to take that power back, to strip the vagina of its mystique by normalizing it through conversation. Because the most potent way to combat regressive thoughts is by filling the silence. It’s time to open the box.
We are donating 20% of proceeds to the Woman's Prison Association.
WPA works with people at all stages of criminal justice involvement. They promote alternatives to incarceration and help people living in the community to avoid arrest or incarceration. Inside prison and jail, they are a source of support to people and a resource to them as they plan for release. After incarceration, people come to WPA for help to build the lives they want for themselves and their families in the community.
WPA helps people achieve what is most important to them.
• Safe and affordable housing
• Preparation for job interviews and obtaining employment
• Reunify people with their children
• Comply with criminal justice mandates and live safe and law-abiding lives
• Access addiction, health, and mental health services
• Gain peer support from other people
• Learn household budgeting and skills for daily life